About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

• Автор темы tataludwig75
  • Дата начала
D

domingo196

Good and Great (and the famous files)

I AM having problems with my server. It is a small server and I have a small quota and I was never thinking I would try to upload such a big files. I am trying my best and it will be up and running BEFORE the competition is over and I will leave files there for about 3 months (the summer)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many interesting poins in our comments. But I can tell you something in ma case and ini my life. One of the main reasons why I look forward to another day in my life (iin general) is because WE (a few of us) can tell the difference betwen the god and the great. I live for the "great moments". The good are like "every day wine, at lunch". But the great are those rare bottles that we only open in special occasions.

And I think we have to agree that there are audiences that cannot tell this difference. There are mediocre players for meriocre audiences. Like "generic pianists" for "generic audiences". That is fine, for the "other peopel. I belong to the very selected few. Thank god and if can tell the difference you too. THere is nothing in beeing "normal", just not me. Jose.
Now, back to uploading (tryint) with another FPT program. I get stuck after 85MB

D

domingo196

UPDATE: audio and Video Files

Ok friends. My site will not let me upload more than 85MB for each file. So, I will upload AUDIO ONLY on the arteandtravel.com site starting this evening, around midnight Moscow time. The VIDEOS will be on another site, I am almost finish uploading them, but they are large files. VERY LARGE. If somebody can downloaad them it will take about 1 hour per competitor, but its worth it, belive me because you can live and re live the experience. I will do this on Piano and Violin. Jose. Best.

D

domingo196

Nikolay Arnoldovich Petrov

Go listen to his recording of Liszt's "Don Juan" fantasy...
I have not heard his Don Juan recording, or any other. I am not saying he is not a good pianist. Maybe he is. But if his best recording is a Liszt Don Juan piece, that does NOT speak very well of his playing. How about his Beethoven, Mozart and Back. That is what counts. A delighful Schubert, and profund Schumman or a electro-shock Scriabin. Don Juan......... well, nice. I am mentioning he not paying attention. This mornig, he was sleep during Dennis S performance. Which bay the way, was incredible good.

Б

беглец с ноева ковчега

Ответ: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

An issue of Nikolai petrov the pianist does indeed require a much more thorough and detailed analysis.

Let me spill some light upon this for those of you who don't know.

Back in 1970-80, the period when Nikolai Petrovs art reached its absolute peak, I would have considered him to be one of the brightest artists of the time. Some of the recordings he made back then are still among my favorites.
Just to mention a few:
Saint-Saens-Bizet: A solo piano redention of 2-nd piano concerto
Yuri Falik: Paganini Variations.
Shumann: Paganini Etudes

Those and many others of his tremendously huge repertoire are (were)ingenious.

Although ever since then we do observe a downwarding slope of his piano art. One of the reasons why that is happening I think is too much extra weight, which partly disables and limits his ability to move and along the keyboard as well.

But a couple of years ago he delivered a surpisinly fresh and clean performance jf Rachmaninoffs opus 43 in Bolshoi Zal of The Conservatory.

Some of his early recordings are available in the internet.
Don't hesitate to look for them.
Satisfaction is guaranteed.

D

domingo196

Mr Petrov Piano Playing

I have never saied that he was a bad pianist. I do not know him. We are a world apart from your standars of music making (here in the west). We only dream of what you have in reality. However, Achiles suggested a Don Juan recording and I am not about to bend-over for a Don Juan. But I will for Beethoven, etc. I just wanted to bring to your attention what I considerED not very respecful during one of the performances.

K

Keiko

Denis Evstukhin

Has anyone watched Denis Evstukhin's 2nd round performance all through?
I thought he was doing a great job, but I had to leave in the middle.....

I was wondering if he would able to fit all the pieces within 60 min. time limit. Did he?

D

domingo196

Denis Evstukhin's Second performance

Yes he did. He finished all pieces, and if Mr Petrov would have ask him to stop, I think the public would have burned the hall. He was "simply" SPLENDID (in my opinion) - Today was a day to remember. I just re liostened his Haydn again, it was beautiful, playful and yet serious. It was very good. His Schostakovicht was excelent and Rachmaninov outstanding, but specially the Schostakovich, the Tchaikovsky sounded, at the end as a child who did not drink enough milk. It needed GAS (Petrol) - But the first 2 were full of glorious ways in which he connected the phrases together. Very musical (again, this is ONLY my opinion). But the best was his Sonata. The slow movement. I only remember it was like the most wonderful, sweet, poetic, romantic and melodic HURRICANE ever. It was electrifying.

Последнее редактирование:

Пользователи онлайн

Сейчас на форуме нет ни одного пользователя.

ClassicalMusicNews.Ru

Сверху