Англичане о Римском-Корсакове

‘About as wild and barbaric as well could be imagined…’: the critical reception of Rimsky-Korsakov in nineteenth-century England. Автор:
Stephen Muir, университет Лидса
By the end of the nineteenth century Rimsky-Korsakov was the most frequently performed and well-known Russian composer in England after Tchaikovsky and Rubinstein. However, the favourable reception that Tchaikovsky, in particular, had enjoyed in the English press was a sharp contrast to the attacks that were levelled from many sides against Rimsky-Korsakov and other composers viewed at the time as ‘Nationalist’. In this article, which builds upon recent work by Gareth Thomas, Philip Bullock and others, I examine English critical attitudes towards Rimsky-Korsakov, extending my assessment much earlier than previously attempted. In doing so, I expose and evaluate the critical environment that led to the determined advocacy of Russian music by such authors as Rosa Newmarch and her successors. I propose sources for the disputes that coloured later English interest in Russian music, at the same time suggesting that critical reception did not always shape, nor indeed reflect, audience responses.
Напечатано в: Music and Letters, November 2012
Где взять целиком - не знаю :)
Упоминаемая Роза Ньюмарч ("защитница русской музыки") - вот https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Newmarch

Пользователи онлайн

Сейчас на форуме нет ни одного пользователя.

ClassicalMusicNews.Ru

Сверху